Well, today is the day Apple released their latest version of Mac OS X (10.7), aka “Lion” and the reviews and rants are already out and about.
Here are my 2 cents.
Reasons not to upgrade
- You don’t want to spend 29 bucks (what a nerd).
- If you are happy with the way your Mac works today and don’t care much for the working in the same way that iPads and iPhones work, then stay where you are.
- You have applications that still run in “Rosetta” mode (apps compiled for PowerPC that run in Intel Macs).
- You hate Apple
- You don’t like change
- You already have it
- You have a laptop, or you own a Magic Trackpad and can’t wait to try the new gestures.
- But if you are curious, make sure you have at least a Mac with an Intel Core 2 Duo (not Core Duo), Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon (sorry, that means your first generation Intel MacBook Pro can’t get it).
- Now you can buy the Server version for only 49 bucks (why? because you can that’s why)
- You love Apple
Stay tuned for a hands-on follow-up review.